“…have developed a living programmable “ribocomputing” device…
…based on networks of precisely designed, self-assembling synthetic RNAs (ribonucleic acid).
The RNAs can sense multiple biosignals and make logical decisions to control protein production with high precision.”
This will lead to numerous highly effective drugs that will operate “within the cell” and will be able to correct the deficiencies of each individual’s DNA.
Here is how things work.
- The human body is made up of cells.
- Each individual cell has a nucleus.
- Inside the nucleus exists a DNA molecule.
- This DNA molecule is exactly the same in every nucleus, in every cell.
- This DNA molecule contains the instructions on how the cell will produce proteins.
- Proteins are the structural and functional ingredients of the human body.
- The STRUCTURAL and FUNCTIONAL ingredients of the human body.
- This means that proteins control how the body is structured and how the body functions.
- So, proteins control everything!
- And the “recipe” for their formation is contained in the DNA.
So, if the DNA molecule of a person has a defect, the corresponding protein that will be produced from that DNA part will be defective and the corresponding structural or functioning part of the human body will suffer.
Now, these drugs will be made such as to control the protein formation by bypassing the defective DNA part. For these specific drugs, the tell-tale sign, from which they discover the anomaly, is found in the RNA of the cell.
These researchers have made very important progress.